Monday, September 8, 2008

Evil Dead: The Musical



Evil Dead: The Musical on the BIG SCREEN!

"Producer Don Carmody (CHICAGO, LUCKY NUMBER SLEVIN, the ASSAULT ON PRECINCT 13 remake) is negotiating with Sam Raimi to bring the Canadian originated, now off-Broadway production EVIL DEAD: THE MUSICAL to the big screen...in 3-D no less!
Featuring songs such as “I’m Not A Killer” and “Look Who’s Evil Now”, the stage version featured an audience-participation area known as the “splatter zone”

I saw this musical in Canada back in May, and it was the single best night I have ever spent at the theatre. It was so over-the-top ridiculous; some other songs not mentioned in the blurb above include "Do the Necronomicon" and "What the %&$^ was that?!" I can't remember ever laughing so hard during a musical. However, one of the biggest draws is the "Splatter Zone", the first two or three rows of seats where you are guarenteed to get stage blood on you, and are encouraged to wear a white t-shirt to take home as a souvenir. A fun part of the experience is the anticipation of being "Splattered."

Before 3D became digital, I always liked the concept, but could never really enjoy the movies because I couldn't see the 3D (you know, with those blue-and-red lensed glasses) I could tell what it was supposed to look like, but would just see two one-dimensional pictures blurred together. Not sure what the deal is with that, but my sister has the same problem.

BUT with digital 3D technology, I have no problem. They just need to figure out a way to include the splattering....

(like at MGM studios in Disneyworld, they have a 3D Muppet Movie, where, at one point, Fozzie uses one of those joke lapel flowers to spray the audience....and then everyone really gets sprayed! Wokka Wokka Wokka!)

3 comments:

Stephen said...

Wokka Wokka Wokka! indeed.

You can turn that link up top into a real link (I hope that link worked) by using the link icon (the earth with a chainlink smushing it).

Stephen said...

...just make sure you highlight the text you want to become the link before you click the button.

eviltwinn24 said...

Yah, half my "copy/paste" was lost when I added the pic, ...then when I edited it again, I lost the picture. GAGGHHH!! "Technology" is so frustrating!