Monday, October 6, 2008

#15: Wikis

My favorite of the Library Wikis we were asked to look at were the ones that had the same layout as Wikipedia. The familiarity is comforting, especially when you spend less time getting used to a new website and more time looking at information.

Wikipedia is an amazing tool. I use it for many reasons, but my favorites are to look at story synopses of musicals I have never seen, and also, to see what songs are going to be on any new Guitar Hero and Rock Band games that come out. I love that people take the time and effort to enter all this pertinant information.

(Speaking of which, the songs I am most excited about for Rock Band 2 are:
Eye of the Tiger by Survivor
Float On by Modest Mouse
Psycho Killer by the Talking Heads
I hope my sister's boyfriend buys this game SOON so I can play it.)

No comments: